Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Saturday was a pretty busy day for me. I woke up first thing and boiled eggs so that we could get them colored. After letting them cool for about half an hour, Jaidyn and I started to color them. She really wasn't interested in coloring them, so she just watched me do it. I thought for sure that when it came time to put the stickers on, that would be something she would enjoy. Wrong, she once again wanted to watch me do it and not do any of it herself. Here is a picture of her once we got all the eggs colored. All she wanted to do was carry the basket around all day.
After getting the eggs done. I had to make a better than sex cake to take to dinner on Sunday at Eric's parents house. I got that all made and Eric's parents showed up to our house about 30 minutes later. We hadn't seen them since they got into town, so they came over to spend the day and they had offered to babysit the kids so Eric and I could go out by ourselves. I had an appointment to get my haircut, but before I left Eric's parents kept trying to talk me out of cutting my hair. It was really annoying because I was sick of it being longer and I was ready for a change. Even though they kept making me feel like it was a bad idea to cut it, I did it anyways. I am so glad I did because I love it the way it is now. It is so much easier to fix everyday and it feels so much healthier. Plus it looks cute. The lady cutting it was so nice and I will definately go back to her to get it done again. I don't have a picture of my haircut right now, but I will post it once I have Eric take a picture. About an hour after I got home, we decided to go on our little date. I put Colin down for a nap before we left and he fell right to sleep. When it was time for us to leave, Jaidyn threw a huge fit because she wanted to go with us. Eric felt bad and told her she could go. At first I was kind of sad because we never get out of the house by ourselves and I was really looking forward to it. But after we were in the truck I realized it was good that we were taking Jaidyn with us because she never gets to spend time with us by herself. So off we went to Sam's Club and then Target. What a great date, but what else were we supposed to do since we had Jaidyn with us. Then we went to The Olive Garden. We were home by 5:30. Jamie had asked me since I was home so early if I wanted to go see Fast and Furious with her. Eric didn't mind since he didn't want to see it anyways. Jamie came over and we headed to The Red Rock to see the movie. It was really good and I can't wait to watch it again. On Sunday we woke up and the kids were very excited to find all the easter eggs around the house and see their easter baskets. Here are some pictures.



They spent most of the morning eating candy from their easter baskets. We headed over to Eric's parents house around noon for dinner. We ate dinner with his family and then his parents did a little egg hunt in their backyard. Jaidyn had a good time. Colin wanted nothing to do with it and wouldn't even walk. I think it's because the grass isn't level and he didn't like walking on it. Here are some pictures from that.






2 comments:

Robin said...

Love the Max and Ruby bunnies! Looks like a great weekend.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great time. We need to rid Brother of that sucker soon, don't you think? lol.