Sunday, April 26, 2009

My dad's party and Sesame Street.

We had my dad's surprise birthday party on Friday night at Sam's house. It turned out really nice. There were about 40 people or so that were there. Everyone was there before my dad. I am not sure if he was really surprised or if he saw it coming. It was really nice to get everyone together. My dads 2 sisters live out of town, so he doesn't get to see them very often, so I think he really enjoyed getting to visit with them for a bit. Andrea,Sam,Jamie and I went in together and bought him a new recliner. He really seemed to like it. After we gave it to him Eric, Jamie and I drove over to his house and got it moved inside for him and moved out his old chair. Here is a picture of all of us girls with my dad.
I was so exhausted yesterday when I woke up because we had been up so late on Friday night. We are having Eric's parents over for dinner later today, so there were some things I wanted to make for that yesterday morning. So I spent a couple of hours yesterday making a suddenly salad, pie and cutting up strawberries. We had bought tickets to go to sesame street live last night. So we ate dinner around 4 and left here around 4:30. We got there around 5 and went and got souvenirs and popcorn and then found our seats. We sat there for about 20 minutes before the show started. Colin was doing really good for a long time then all of a sudden he got bored of sitting there. So for about 20 minutes, he would be whiny and then stop and it lasted until they had a 15 minute intermission. We had to lie to Jaidyn and tell her the show was over because we knew that Colin wouldn't make it for another 45 minutes. She seemed fine with that. They had brought out elmo balloons, so Eric told her we could buy one and then leave. She was so excited and she told us the whole way home that she had alot of fun at the elmo show. I was glad that we were able to take them. I just wish Colin wouldn't have been so whiny so that we could have stayed for the whole thing.

No comments: