Monday, April 20, 2009

The terrible twos?

I really think that Jaidyn is just now going through her terrible twos at the age of 3. These last couple of months she has been horrible. She yells at me constantly and whines over everything. She used to never be this way. I just really hope it goes away soon. I don't know if Eric or I can handle anymore of it. I honestly thought Eric was going to spank her butt last night. It usually takes alot to make him mad, but by the end of the day yesterday, we had both had it with her. On Friday, I was supposed to go to dinner with Ashlee without the kids. Eric was going to his parents for dinner, so we he was going to take the kids with him. When the time came to leave, Jaidyn threw a huge fit because she wanted to go to dinner with Ashlee and I. Of course Eric said she could go with us. So I ended up taking her with us and she screamed and cried the whole time because I forgot to put a bow in her hair. I swear it lasted forever. I finally called Eric to tell him to come and get her because I didn't want her screaming like that in the middle of the restaurant while everyone was trying to eat. Once I threatened her with that, she stopped whining. Our food got there and after that she was fine. I just couldn't believe she was throwing a huge fit like that just because I forgot to put a bow in her hair. On Saturday morning Jamie came over so that we could go buy my dad a new recliner. His birthday is next week and we are throwing a surprise party for him on Friday night since he is turning 60. Alot of his family and friends will be there. Anyways we all decided to go in together and buy him a recliner because he really needs and wants a new one. Jamie and I went shopping for one and found the perfect one. I think he is really going to like it. After that Jamie, Jaidyn and I went to the mall. I had ordered Jaidyn some new sandals and they didn't fit, so I wanted to take them back and find a new pair. We shopped there for a while and then came home. Eric's parents and his brother came over shortly after that for dinner and to watch the NASCAR race. Sunday we woke up and went to Wal Mart first thing to get our groceries. We were there for an hour because we had so many groceries to buy. We just spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching tv. I felt so tired yesterday, that I couldn't make myself do anything. Jamie wanted me to go to the movies with her and I couldn't even make myself do that. I have to make 3 dozen cupcakes for my dad's birthday party. I am going to do that on Friday in the day since his party doesn't start until 7. Andrea, my mom and the boys are coming to town Friday morning. My mom is going to go to Sam's house and help her get stuff ready and Andrea and the boys are coming over here to hang out and help me with the cupcakes. It should be a fun day. I am really looking forward to my dads party because I know how happy and surprised he is going to be. Eric's parents offered to babysit the kids for us since the party doesn't start until 7. We are going to leave Colin home with them, but we are going to take Jaidyn. There will be other kids around her age there, so she will have someone to play with.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I forgot to comment on this yesterday. Tell Jaidyn I'm going to spank her butt if she doesn't shape up.