Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and swimsuit shopping

On Saturday my sisters, Jaidyn and I took my dad to dinner at The Outback for Father's Day. Eric decided he wanted to stay home because he isn't a big fan of the outback these days, plus he didn't want to take colin because he is always very whiny when we go out to eat. We had fun at dinner. We don't all get together like that often and it was really nice to see my dad since I hadn't seen him in a while. We woke up Sunday morning and Jaidyn gave Eric his Father's Day present. She picked out a dora card for him and the kids also got him a Kyle Busch diecast car and a shirt that says NASCAR DAD on it. He really liked it. She must have told him Happy Father's Day at least 20 times yesterday. All day long she kept saying it in the sweetest little voice and finally when we went to bed, Eric told her Father's Day was going to be over. I feel very blessed to be married to Eric. He is the greatest husband and father and I couldn't ask for anything more. Everday when he comes home from work, the first thing he does is plays with the kids. Yesterday Eric asked me if I could go to JCPenney's and buy him some new boardshorts. Him and I are staying at the Aliante Hotel next weekend and we plan on spending alot of time by the pool. I went to JCPenney's and found him some really cool boardshorts and they had them on sale for 50% off. However, I couldn't find myself a new swimsuit. I have swimsuits, but not any that I like very much. I went to 4 different stores before I finally found one at Target. Everywhere I looked either had bikinis(which I won't wear) or swimsuits for old people.lol Thankfully I finally found one at Target. I am really looking forward to this weekend. The kids are going to Alamo on Friday and staying until Sunday. Eric and I got a room for Fri and Sat night. I plan on relaxing and hanging by the pool most of the weekend. It will be a fun time for the kids as well because they get to spend all weekend with Grandma Taylor and Grandma Helen. They haven't seen Grandma Helen in months since she has been gone to her sisters, so it will be good for them to spend the weekend with her.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hopefully brother won't be a bunghole while we are driving home! lol.

Kristin Joy said...

Glad you finally got a swimsuit from Target. Excited to see your new swimsuit.