Sunday, June 28, 2009

A weekend without the kids.

This weekend was Eric and I's weekend to spend all by ourselves without our kids. They left for grandma's house on Friday afternoon and we picked them up this morning. Eric and I got a room at the Aliante hotel for Friday and Saturday night. It is such a nice hotel and it isn't crowded at all. There was a huge tv in our room and a really comfy bed. It was the perfect place for Eric and I to spend our weekend together. As soon as Eric got home on Friday, we headed to the hotel. We checked in and then decided to get some dinner at TGI Fridays. They have one in the hotel, so we didn't even have to leave. Dinner was really good, but I ate a little too much and felt sick to my stomach afterwards. We then decided to do some gambling. Well Eric doesn't really gamble, he just sits there and watches me. I love to play the wheel of fortune game. I must have been really lucky because I got to spin 10 times in under 20 minutes. I couldn't even belive how well I was doing. I only put in $20 and ended up cashing out with $50. I could have gotten more, but I gambled some of it away. After that we went to the room and was lazy the rest of the night. I think we were asleep by 9:00. I was hoping to sleep in on Saturday, but I woke up at about 6:45. We got dressed and went and ate at The Original Pancake House, which is also located inside the hotel. After that we ran to Wal Mart because it is just down the street and we wanted to buy a pack of bottled water to keep in our room. We went back to the hotel and decided to go swimming. We swam for a little bit and I laid out for a while and then decided we needed to go back to the room and rest. We watched tv for a while and then grabbed some lunch inside the hotel. We heard about a new toys r us on that side of town and decided to check it out. We were there forever checking out stuff for the kids. After we got back to the room I was so exhausted that I needed a nap. We both fell asleep and slept for about 2 hours. It was so nice to just relax all weekend and take a nap whenever we felt like it. We woke up and ate at Red Robin for dinner. Once we got back to the room, we decided we didn't want to go anywhere else. We were just going to put on our pj's and rent a movie. We rented some movied called The last turn on the left or The last house on the left.lol I can't remember what it was called. Anyways it was a scary movie and I was really stressed out the entire time I was watching it. Probably not the best choice of movie to watch. We woke up first thing this morning and met my mom and grandma at the glendale turnoff to pick up the kids. I was so happy to see them. Even though it was nice to have a weekend to ourselves, I missed my kids so much and thought about them almost the whole time. The kids had a really fun time at grandma's house, but I think they were really glad to see Eric and I. Poor Jaidyn touched a cactus at grandma's house and it got stuck in her hand and tummy. My mom said she was freaking out and wouldn't let her or my grandma get it out. So they called Andrea and thankfully when Andrea got there, Jaidyn let her get it out. Now we only have a few more days until we head to grandma's house again. Jamie, the kids and i are driving up Thursday after Jamie gets off work and Eric is driving up Friday after he gets off work so we can spend the 4th of July in Alamo. I am really looking forward to it. I love being in Alamo for the 4th of July. Mostly for the parade and the fireworks.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yes, she was FREAKING about the cactus! It was hard too because they were so tiny you could barely see them!