Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Jamie, the kids and I headed to Alamo on Thursday afternoon to spend the whole weekend there. It took us almost 3 hours to get to Alamo from the time we left my house. Once we were on the road, Jamie realized she forgot her shirts at home. She lives clear on the other side of town from me, so I wasn't very happy about the fact that I had to drive all the way over there so we could get them. The traffic was so horrible and we ended up getting on the strip. The I-15 was way backed up so I figured I would get on the strip and take it as far as Charleston and get back on the I-15. I am really glad we decided to do that because I think it would have taken us much longer if we would have stayed on the I-15. I am just glad Colin ended up falling asleep or else he would have gotten pretty onery being in the car for that long. On Thursday night, the kids, Jamie and I went down to Andrea's to visit. It was fun. We all sat outside and visited and the kids played basketball. On Friday we didn't do a whole lot. Jamie, Jaidyn, Ashlee and I went to lunch at Windmill Ridge. It was nice to go out to lunch with Ashlee since we don't get to do it often. Eric called me around 11 on Friday and said he was already off work. They got off early because it was so slow, so he was heading to Alamo early. I was really glad that he was able to come up early. We woke up super early on Saturday and ate some yummy breakfast that my mom cooked for all of us. Then we got ready to go to the parade. Here is a picture of the kids before we left for the parade. Jaidyn was really excited.

The kids enjoyed the parade but by the time it was over, Colin was exhausted. We took him back to my mom's for a nap and Jamie and I took Jaidyn to the park to play games. She had a really good time. It was so hot though, that we decided to go back to my mom's. Colin was awake when we got home, so a while later I decided to take both the kids to the park. Eric didn't go to the park at all because it was too hot out and he didn't want to be out in the heat. I let Jaidyn play a few more games and then we ended up leaving the park because it was too hot out. Andrea, Jeremy, Tyson and Ryan came to my mom's house around 2 and we had a lunch/dinner. It was really good food and fun to be with everyone. Thankfully soon after everyone left, we were able to get Jaidyn and Colin to both take a nap. I had also laid down to take a nap when Jennifer and Lisa showed up to my mom's house. We hadn't seen Lisa in years and she decided to come to Alamo to visit everyone. So we ended up visiting with them for a while. Soon after they left, we went down to the baseball field to watch Jeremy in the homerun thing they were having. Soon after that we headed to the park for the fireworks. Eric had originally said he wasn't going to watch the fireworks because the NASCAR race was on and he didn't want to miss it. So I left colin there with him. I didn't know how Colin would do for the fireworks since they didn't start until 9 and last year they scared him. Well we were sitting on the grass visiting and Eric called and said he was there and wanted to know where we were sitting. I told him I would come find him and when I did, he had Colin with him. I am glad he ended up bringing Colin because Colin loved the fireworks. When they first started, he kept laughing and clapping. It was so cute. All day Jaidyn couldn't wait for the fireworks and she was so excited once she finally got to see them. We were all so tired after last night that even Colin slept in until 7:30 this morning. That is the latest he has ever slept before. We got home from Alamo around 11 today and I was sad to come home. I had such a good time this weekend. I just love being in alamo.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Woke up early for breakfast was right...you called my house at 6:30!