Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The beach,shopping and disneyland.

We left for our trip to California last Friday. Jamie and Eric both ended up getting off work even earlier than we had planned, so we were able to leave a little before 4:00. I was expecting the traffic to be bad since it was a Friday, but it wasn't at all. We stopped to eat dinner in baker and still made it to our hotel by a little after 8:00. We had gotten a hotel room in Anaheim close to disneyland, even though we hadn't planned on going to disneyland. I got us a room there mostly because I know that area of California very well, plus you can get rooms for super cheap through priceline. On Saturday we woke up and headed to Laguna Beach. We hung out at the beach for a while and Jaidyn loved it. At first she didn't want to go in the water because she was scared. I finally convinced her to go out there and I held her hand the whole time and she loved it. Then all she wanted to do was play in the water. She also took her bucket and shovel and played in the sand. It was so nice at the beach and I enjoyed just sitting there listening to the ocean. As it got closer to lunch time, we started to get hungry. We figured maybe it was time to leave Laguna Beach and head to Fashion Island to do some shopping and get lunch. Fashion Island isn't very far from Laguna Beach, only about 20 minutes so it didn't take us long to get there. We got some lunch at Red Robin and then I decided I wanted to let Jaidyn build herself a bear at the build a bear there. She has build a bears, but has never been there to build one herself. So she picked out one for her and I picked out one to make for Colin. They both got the cutest bears from build a bear. Jaidyn named hers all by herself and decided to name it rainbow carebear because it has rainbows all over it. lolAfter that we shopped around. Jamie wanted a new purse so we went into a couple of different stores and she finally found one she liked at the juicy store. Once she found her purse, we decided to head back to the hotel. We were hoping to get in a nap once we got back to the hotel, but jaidyn would not go to sleep. She was so tired, but so hyper all at the same time. I think she was just so excited to be there. So we decided we would take her to the pool to swim for a while. A while after we did that, we went to Target to get a few things and then went and ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I had called Eric on Saturday and he suggested that we take Jaidyn to Disneyland on Sunday. We had planned on waking up and heading home, but I figured we might as well take her to disneyland. Jaidyn and I have season passes, so we get in for free and we were just down the street from disneyland. I asked Jamie if she would mind going and she said no. We woke up Sunday and headed to disneyland. We were there 20 minutes before the park opened and we got awesome parking. I was thinking that it was going to be so crowded since it was not only a sunday, but it is also the summer time. Boy was I wrong. It was the least crowded I have ever seen it. We were able to just walk right on to most of the rides without even waiting in line and if we did have to wait in line, it wasn't even for 5 minutes. Jaidyn had such a good time. She got to go on all of her favorite rides (some of them twice) and she got her picture taken with a few of her favorite characters. We left disneyland by 1:00 and was home by 5:30. I am so glad I ended up taking Jaidyn with us on our girls trip. She had such a fun time and she was so good the whole time. It won't let me add pictures to my blog right now, but I will add some later.

No comments: