Monday, July 13, 2009

Colin's 18 month checkup

I had to take Colin to his 18 month checkup today. He did really good. He only cried for a minute when they gave him his shot and after I picked him up, he was fine. He weighs 26 lbs now. I couldn't even believe it. At his last appointment 3 months ago, he only weighed 22 lbs. I didn't think he had really gained any weight, but obviously I was wrong. The doctor said he looks really good, so I am happy about that. I won't have to take him back until he turns 2. On Saturday we went to Eric's sisters house to have lunch. They also bought a little pool for the kids to swim in. Colin hates swimming, so he wouldn't swim, but Jaidyn did and she had fun. This little pool is the perfect size pool for her because she gets too scared to go all the way into a big swimming pool. She usually just sits on the top step. We haven't even swam in our pool this summer because colin hates swimming and Jaidyn won't even get all the way in. I wish we didn't have a big swimming pool in our backyard so I could buy one of these little ones and we could still have a backyard for the kids to play in. Jamie and I decided last night that we are making a girls trip to Cali this weekend. We just wanted to get away and go to the beach. Eric told me to go have fun without the kids because next month, he is going to do the same thing. Him and his brother are going to san diego for a weekend to go to a couple of cardinals baseball games. So I figured I might as well go while I have the chance. I am a little nervous to leave the kids for a couple of days, but I am sure they will be fine. We don't know for sure what we are going to do, but I do know we will be going to the beach. We got a room in Anaheim for super cheap off of priceline, so I am excited about that. It should be a fun time.Here are a few pictures of the kids from Saturday.




1 comment:

Andrea said...

Don't be nervous about going...if Jamie can't paralell park, all you have to do is jump out of the car :)