Monday, June 8, 2009

Two sick kids

Unfortunately both of my kids are sick right now. Jaidyn has been sick since Friday and Colin just started coughing last night. Jaidyn has been taking claritin since Friday night and she seems to be doing better today. Poor Colin has been coughing all day and he has a runny and stuffy nose. The sucky thing is that I can't even give Colin anything while he is sick. Hopefully he will get over it soon or I guess we will be heading to the doctor. I had been talking about painting Colin's room for a while now. It was just plain white and so boring looking. So yesterday I got everything cleaned up. I ended up throwing away a bunch of stuff that I had kept for some reason and we never even used it or needed it. After I got it all cleaned out, Eric ran to home depot to check out the paint. He ended up coming home with 2 gallons of the paint he wanted. I didn't really care what color blue it was, so Eric got the color he wanted. I got it all painted yesterday. I just have to touch up a little bit tonight after Eric gets home. I really like the color of it. I ordered some cute cars decorations to go in his room. Mostly just a plaque with his name and some cars stuff on it. Also a cars mural to hang on the wall. I think it will look really good when it is all done. Jaidyn has been sharing a room with us for a while now because she won't sleep by herself. Well we are finally going to make her have her own room and sleep in her own bed. I am going to get her room painted in the next couple of weeks. I am going to paint it pink and get her some disney princess decorations. Hopefully that will make her want to sleep in her own room. When I told her I would be painting her room, she insisted that she wanted a pirates of the carribbean room. She has never even seen the movie, but she has seen the stuff at Disneyland. When I told her she couldn't have a pirates room, she started crying. I feel bad, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Eric bought two gallons of paint and we only needed one, so I am thinking about using the other gallon to paint the bathrooms because it is the perfect color blue that matches the rugs that I already have in the bathrooms. I might do that this weekend. I got Jaidyn all signed up for preschool. I am really looking forward to her going and I know she is very excited as well. The good thing is that it is only 1 mile from my house. That will be nice not to have to drive very far to take her to school. Sam had her surgery last Wednesday. She was doing so well that they let her out of the hospital on Friday night. They also told her she could eat the next day. Her recovery is going really well. My mom is down here staying with her until the weekend.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It still cracks me up that jaidyn wanted a pirates themed room lol.

Robin said...

They do make cute pirate stuff that's pink and black...LOL!!! I forgot to ask you if she is in AM or PM preschool?

Jessica said...

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me I should just let her have a pirate room. We will see i guess.lol She is in AM preschool. I really wanted her to go in the morning because she is usually tired by the afternoon. This way she can still have her naps in the afternoon if she wants to.