Monday, June 1, 2009

Girls day/night

On Friday Jamie and I decided we wanted to have a fun girls day on Saturday. We try to have a girls day every so often where just the girls go shopping and have lunch. Jamie decided she wanted to get a room at Planet Hollywood on Saturday night for her, Sam, Jaidyn and I to stay. On Saturday Jamie came and picked up Jaidyn and I and we headed to Planet Hollywood a couple of hours before check in so that we could do some shopping. Sam met us there about 30 minutes later. I saw tons of cute stuff and wanted to buy so many different things. I did good though and only bought a pair of really cute ed hardy shoes. After shopping we checked into our room. I had Jamie ask for a lower level floor because of my fear for riding elevators. The guy told her that she got a free upgrade to a room with a view of the fountains at the bellagio. The only problem was that it was on the 18th floor. I almost had a heart attack just thinking about it. The first time we rode the elevator up to our room, I was very nervous and scared, but as we rode it more and more, it wasn't so bad. Maybe I am finally getting over my fear of elevators. I hope so anyways. We got to our room and it was so nice. We really did have a perfect view. Shortly after we got to our room, we decided we would go to the pool because that is what Jaidyn was most excited about. Jamie stayed in the room because she didn't feel very good, so Sam,Jaidyn and I headed to the pool. It was so crowded and Jaidyn was the only little kid there. I was feeling bad at first because I didn't know what Jaidyn thought of all of that, but it didn't seem to bother her. She still had fun. Some guy gave her a beach ball and another guy wanted to take a picture of her with his phone.lol We swam for a while and then headed back to our room to change so that we could get some dinner. We decided to go to a cafe that was in the hotel. We sat down and looked at the menu and they didn't even have chicken fingers. What cafe doesn't have chicken fingers? It didn't look like they had anything that Jaidyn would eat because she is very picky and will pretty much only eat chicken fingers and pizza. Thankfully they serve some breakfast items all the time and they had waffles. Jaidyn loves waffles, so I was able to get that for her for dinner.After dinner Sam and I gambled a bit while Jamie stayed in the room with Jaidyn, then Jamie and Sam went and gambled while I gave Jaidyn a bath. Unfortunately I didn't win any money and neither did Jamie. Sam did win $30 or something like that.lol After that we got in our pj's and decided to order some dessert from room service. It was so yummy! Then we painted our toenails and Jaidyn was very excited for that. She loves having her toenails and fingernails painted. We got in bed a little after 9 and Jaidyn fell asleep right away. She was exhausted. We woke up the next morning and ordered breakfast from room service. Then Jamie, Jaidyn and I hit the pool one last time before we had to check out. After checking out, we shopped around for a little while longer and then came home. We had a really good time and I am glad we had our girls day/night. I was glad to come home though because I always miss Colin when I have to be away from him for a night. Don't get me wrong, I missed Eric too, but it is harder for me to be away from Colin for that long. I thought Colin would be excited to see me when I got home, but instead he was giving me the evil eye. I think he was mad at me for leaving him. Colin got to have his own guys day with Eric and Alex, so I didn't feel too bad. Here are a couple of pics of us in the hotel room.
Jaidyn with the Paris balloon and the fountains going at the Bellagio in the background.
Me with the Paris Balloon in the background.
Jaidyn, Sam and Jamie getting ready to paint toenails.

No comments: