Saturday, August 29, 2009

Yesterday we were able to bring home this sweet little thing


Her name is Wanda. We adopted her from Lied's Animal Shelter. I have been wanting another dog for a while, but Eric said we couldn't get another one until we moved to Alamo. Well I was looking around on the website and saw that she was at Lied's Animal Shelter. I thought she was the cutest thing and I knew that she would be perfect for this family. I told Eric that I was going to get her before she was gone. Believe it or not, he let me do it. I think he knew that he couldn't really stop me because this is something I really wanted to do. Jaidyn was so excited because she has also been wanting another dog for a while now. So the kids and I headed down to Lied's Animal Shelter on Thursday. I told them exactly what dog I was looking for. They told me she would have to stay overnight so she could get spayed and microchipped. We were able to pick her up yesterday afternoon. Poor thing was sore from getting spayed and a little scared because she didn't really know what was going on. Thankfully this morning she woke up and is happy as can be. She has been following me everywhere and has to be sitting at my side. It's sad to think that she probably hasn't had any attention from anyone for a long time. Plus she was a stray, so the shelter didn't know anything about her from before. Hopefully she hasn't had too rough of a life. She will be much better living with us now. She will have plenty of love and she can play with our other dog Sammy. Once we get moved to Alamo, they will have a big backyard to run around in. Not much else has been going on. We are still waiting to hear back about the appraisal on the house. I am really hoping we hear something soon. I have to post this picture of Colin helping me vacuum because I think it is so cute. He gets so excited everytime I vacuum. Both the kids love to watch and help me.
Also I have to post this picture of Jaidyn with curlers in her hair. I bought them because her hair is already curly and I thought these would make her have some cute ringlets. She was so excited to have them in her hair. I know she looks like an old grandma in them.lol

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad to hear wanda is adjusting lol.