Monday, January 12, 2009

Colin's 1 year checkup

I took Colin to his 1 year checkup today. Poor little guy had to get 4 shots. I felt so bad for him. Although I gave him motrin before hand and as soon as I picked him after his shots, he stopped crying. He has been good all day. I thought for sure that he would be fussy because his shots would be bothering him, but they aren't. He weighed 22 lbs 12 oz. He hadn't even gained a pound since his 9 month checkup. He definately seems to be slimming down a bit since he is so active. He was 29.5 inches tall. I think that is how tall he was at his 9 month checkup. I didn't think he had grown much because all of his clothes still fit him really good. The doctor said he was doing really good. On Saturday morning, Eric the kids and I went to the mall so I could pick up Jaidyn's earrings. We didn't stay long because it was really busy. So we can home and a little while later got Jaidyn's little car out so that she could ride it. She had a really good time and Colin loved riding in it too. The only thing is, the battery died within 5 minutes. We probably didn't charge it long enough. Jaidyn was sad because she wanted to keep driving, so we told her instead we could go to the park. We headed to the park and she played there for about 4o minutes. I tried to take Colin out of his stroller to take him down the slide and he started screaming, he just wanted to stay in his stroller. After we got home, both the kids fell asleep and so did Eric and I. After Colin woke up, we decided to get some dinner. Eric wanted Cafe Rio, so I decided to try the salad they have that Jamie always gets and really likes. It was VERY good. On Sunday, we woke up and fed the kids breakfast, got dressed and headed straight to Wal Mart. We needed to get groceries and usually we just go to Smith's, but we had tons to get and Wal Mart is so much cheaper, so we decided to just go there. We were there for about an hour and the kids were both very naughty in the store. I had to carry Colin for a while and he would get mad because he wanted down, so he kept head butting me. He head butted me right in the throat and it hurt really bad. Jaidyn kept running away from us. I swear I could have spanked her butt right in the middle of wal mart. After we got home, Jamie came over so I could dye her hair. She stayed for a couple of hours and after she left, I cleaned house. I got all of my cleaning done that I needed to do, so I don't have anything to do today. Jaidyn has still been doing very good on the potty. She hasn't worn a pull up in days. She doesn't even wear them for naps or to bed anymore and she hasn't had an accident yet. This week is just going to be a very boring week. We don't have a whole lot to do. My mom, Andrea and Ryan will be here on Friday. My mom is going to stay down here with us until Sunday. Then on Sunday, the kids and I are going to take her home and stay the night since she doesn't have school on Monday. On Monday I have an appointment with Jenna to get my hair cut. I can't wait!! It really needs to be trimmed up. Then my mom and the kids and i are going to go eat lunch at The Shack. I can't wait. I have been wanting to eat there since they opened back up, but I haven't had a chance yet. Then the kids and I will probably head home in the afternoon so that we get home about the same time Eric will be home from work. It should be a fun weekend with my mom here.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You should have headbutted Colin back, maybe he would learn that way lol.