Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm not a big girl!

That is what Jaidyn keeps telling me. She went and stayed at Andrea's house over the weekend and I didn't send her pacifier. I knew Andrea wouldn't let her use it anyways and I figured if she could go that long without her sucker, maybe she wouldn't want it when she came home. Well I was wrong. She acted like she was going to be a big girl when she was at Andrea's, but the second we left Andrea's house, she was whining for her sucker. Ever since we have been home she has been asking me for it. I told her that we already got rid of her suckers and that big girls don't need suckers anyways. She keeps yelling at me that she isn't a big girl. No matter how much she whines for it, I am not going to give in! Andrea had to bring Ryan down for a doctors appointment on Friday. So she brought my mom to stay with me and took Jaidyn home with her. On Friday night, my mom made some yummy enchilada's, so we invited Sam and Jamie over for dinner. On Saturday Eric and I woke up at 5:00 when Colin woke up and we got all dressed. We had to take Colin to get blood drawn at quest, so I wanted to get there right at 6:30 when it opened. The line was a little long when we got there, but we were in and out in less than an hour, so I didn't think that was too bad. Colin was VERY sad when he had to get blood drawn. I felt so bad for him because he was crying so hard the whole time. After we left there, we came home and my mom and I waited for Sam and Jamie to get here. We were all going to go out and have breakfast together. We ate at Black Bear Diner...it has such good breakfast. After we ate, we went to Town Square to do some shopping. We all wanted to go to Sephora. I ended up buying the bare minerals starter kit. Jamie and Sam both use it and were talking about how much they like it. Well I have been using Mary Kay for years because Andrea used to sell it, but she doesn't anymore. So now i have to buy it on Ebay if i want it. The starter kit was $65 and it comes with a bunch of stuff. I used it for the first time today and I love it. It is so much quicker to put my makeup on and it covers really well. I think I will keep using it from now on. We all ended up buying some stuff there. I had some gift cards to Old Navy, so we went in there and I found some really cute new clothes. After that, we left town square. Sam had to stop by work, so my mom, Jamie and I headed back over to my side of town. We went to JCPenney and to Target. After that we came home. My mom was going to make tacos for dinner and she wanted to rest a bit before everyone came over. We invited my dad, so him and Sam both got here right before dinner. The tacos were sooo good!! On Saturday night, we were all exhausted so we went to bed pretty early. We woke up at 5 on Sunday, like we usually do. Colin is always up that early. So I packed our bags to go to Alamo. Eric decided to go to work on Sunday since we were going to be gone. My mom, Colin and I left here by 8:00. Soon after we got to Alamo, Andrea text me and said Jaidyn was home from church. Andrea had stayed home with Ryan because he was sick, so Jeremy just went to teach a class and took Jaidyn to nursery, they came home after that. She was so excited to see me. I was so glad to see her too. I starting missing her just a few hours after she left on Friday. She was ready to come home yesterday, but we had to stay the night at my moms last night so that I could get my hair cut by Jenna this morning. I am so glad I got it cut, it feels and looks ten times better. I hadn't had it cut in a long time. We ordered lunch from the shack soon after that. It was good!! I really missed the breadsticks and pizza. The kids and I left to come home around 1:00 today. Jaidyn slept the entire way, but Colin only fell asleep right before we got off on the sahara exit. The I-15 was so backed up so I had to get off on Sahara to come home. Both the kids seem really happy to be home. I am happy to be home too. I love going to my moms, but I am so glad to be able to sleep in my own bed tonight.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I still can't believe she is being such a butt...Actually, I kinda can believe it. lol.

Robin said...

Cut a whole in her pacifier at the very top. I've heard that works. Then every couple days cut a little more off.