Monday, March 9, 2009

Dentist Appointment

I had my dentist appointment and it was just as I thought, my wisdom tooth was coming in. They took some x-rays and at first the doctor didn't notice that my wisdom tooth was coming through and he thought for sure that I was having the pain because of a cavity I had that was down in the nerves. So he said he was going to do a root canal. He gave me a couple of shots and started the root canal and thats when he noticed that it did look swollen where my wisdom tooth was coming through. So he decided to just remove my cavity and see if that would do it for that tooth(since it was much cheaper than a root canal) and then he would see what he could do about my wisdom tooth. He took some x-rays of that and it was in their sideways and hadn't come through my gums yet, so he wasn't sure how he was going to get it out. He said normally he doesn't do that himself, he sends you to an oral surgeon, but since I don't have dental insurance he wanted to try and do it for me himself so that it would save me some money. He is seriously the nicest guy I ever met and so is everyone else that works there too. So he finally figured out how he was going to do it. It was scaring the crap out of me because right in the middle of it he said to the lady"hurry and get the oral surgeon on the phone quick." That really scared me because it sounded bad.lol Thankfully it wasn't. He got it out in about 15 minutes. The way it was positioned, he said sometimes it can take up to 3 hours to get it out. Thankfully there were no problems and even though I am in alot of pain right now, it will be nice to know that the pain will be gone once it heals up. Although he says I might end up having to get a root canal here pretty soon which won't be fun. Plus without dental insurance, that will cost me $1500. Lets just pray it doesn't have to be done. I am hoping it heals up quick and the pain wont' be too bad after today. He gave me some loratab. I don't like to take it though, so I am only going to take it at night and just take motrin in the day. He said that should help with the pain. Eric has been so nice. He went out and bought me some chicken noodle soup and some eggs. I told him I felt like eggs, so he scrambled me up some. It hurt so bad to eat them even though I didn't use that side of my mouth. The dentist said I had to eat something though if I was going to be taking loratab. I was cracking up because on the instructions he gave me, it says to use an ice pack but it says to make sure and take it off after 15 minutes or you could frostbite your cheek. That just cracks me up even though I know it is true since it is numb, you wouldn't be able to notice. Eric said he is taking the day off tomorrow. I told him he didn't have to,but he insisted he was going to so that I could just relax. Although I don't know how much I will really be able to relax. Even though it hurts, I can't seem to just lay down and relax. Poor Jaidyn is sick. She has a really runny and stuffy nose and she sounds horrible. I am hoping she gets better before we go to Disneyland next week. I have a feeling it might just be allergies because she had the same problem about a month ago and we just turned on the humidifier and it went away on its own in a few days.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you can get some rest today.

Robin said...

All 4 of my wisdom teeth required surgery cuz they were sideways. OUCH! Let me know if you need anything. I'm glad Eric is able to be home today.