Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our trip

We had alot of fun on our trip. We left around 7:30 on Wednesday morning. We met up with Andrea, Jamie and the boys in Primm when we stopped for a bathroom break. We followed each other the rest of the way. Eric and I had to pullover at some point because Colin threw up all over himself. Poor little guy! We stopped and got him all cleaned up and changed. Andrea, Jamie and the boys made it to the hotel around noon or a little after and checked in. We checked in about 20 minutes later and was able to get a room right next to theirs. Plus we were able to get it on the 3rd floor. That is good for me because I hate riding elevators, so I always request a lower level floor. We were starving by the time we got checked in. We stayed at The Hyatt and they have a pizza hut in the hotel. So Andrea and I went to get some pizza for lunch and they didn't open until 5. So we decided we would just stop and get lunch on the way to the beach. Andrea, Jamie and the boys were just going to go to target and Eric, the kids and I were headed to the beach. Well we stopped at a McDonald's on the way and it is the same McDonald's Andrea and them had stopped at. So we ate and headed to the beach. We went to Newport Beach and it took us a while to get there because we ended up getting lost. We were going by the GPS, but we didn't have the exact address to the beach, so we put in Newport Beach and it was taking us somewhere else in Newport Beach. Eric finally pulled over and asked for directions. Once we got there, we had a good time. It was really hot out and so we decided to let the kids play in the water if they wanted to. Of course Colin wanted nothing to do with the sand or the water. So we had to hold him the whole time. Jaidyn liked putting her feet in the water, but everytime it was coming towards her, she would run away.lol We took her bucket and shovel and let her play in the sand. She had such a good time. It was hard for me to watch her get that dirty because I can't stand for my kids to be dirty, but I figured we don't get to the beach often, so I just dealt with it. We headed back to our hotel after that. We had told Tyson we could have the outback for dinner, but by the time we got back to the hotel, we were too tired to go out to eat. Plus we were all dirty from the beach, so we decided to just get pizza from the pizza hut in the hotel. So thats what we all did. The next morning we woke up early and was able to catch the shuttle from the hotel to disneyland a little after 8. So we had to stand in line for about 30 minutes to wait for the gates to open. Disneyland was fun, but very hot outside. Andrea and Ryan ended up leaving early, so Tyson and Jamie hung out with us for a while and went on some rides. After they left, Jaidyn fell asleep in her stroller, so Eric and I decided we would just shop around for a bit until she woke up. We found the kids some shirts and toys and when Jaidyn woke up, she wanted to go to Mickey's house. So we headed that way and let Jaidyn play over there for a while. She kept telling me how much fun disneyland was. I am so glad she had such a good time and we were able to do most of the things we wanted to do. Around 3 or 3:30, we decided we were too hot to stay there any longer. Jaidyn said she wanted to go back to the hotel, so that is what we did. Around 5, all of us went to the outback. It was right across the street from the hotel, so we just walked there. After we ate, Andrea, Tyson, Jamie, Jaidyn and I walked across the street to Target and Eric, Colin and Ryan went back to the hotel. We were so tired on Thursday night that we fell asleep by 8:30. Thankfully the kids slept well that night(I am sure because they were exhausted). Colin didn't even wake up until 6 that morning. We got all packed up and headed out first thing. We stopped in Baker for some lunch and was home by 12:30. It was such a fun trip. I was sad to leave, but by the time we got home, I was happy. I was surprised because on Thursday when I told Eric I didn't want to come home, he told me we could stay an extra night and go back to Disneyland on Friday. I just knew we didn't need to spend the money. Plus I didn't even have any extra clothes for myself. All weekend I have been doing laundry. I went shopping and bought the kids some new short sleeved pj's and I got Colin some shorts. Tonight we are meeting my dad for dinner. I haven't seen him in a while, so it should be nice.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Have fun at dinner tonight.

Robin said...

Where are some pictures????

Jessica said...

Robin-For some reason I always forget to add pictures to my blog. Next time I will have to remember to add the pictures when I am talking about our trip.