Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home

As fun as our trip was, I am so happy to be home. The trip seemed to go by so fast and we weren't able to do everything we wanted to do. Jaidyn really wanted to go to the beach and we kept telling her that we would, but we just didn't have time. By the time we got to San Diego on Friday and checked into our room, we were all exhausted. So we ordered some pizza and had it delivered to the room. Then after we ate, we left the kids with my mom and grandma and we went and got gas. Well I have to say that trying to find a gas station in San Diego is not as easy as it sounds. Not downtown anyways. We finally found one, but it didn't even have food or drinks. So we drove around until we finally found a chevron with food and drinks. Then after that we went back to our hotel room and went to bed. I woke up really early on Saturday and got ready before anyone else was even awake. Then after everyone got ready, we left for Seaworld. Eric and I took Jaidyn to the elmo breakfast first thing while Andrea,Jamie,my mom, my grandma and Colin went and walked around. I would have to say that the elmo breakfast was definately worth the $40. The food wasn't very good, but Jaidyn got to have her picture with all of her favorite sesame street characters and she was so excited!! Here is one of the pictures she got with Elmo.

Everyone was ready to leave seaworld around 2:00 or so. Eric and I wanted to stay with Jaidyn, so we sent Colin with everyone else so that he could go back to the hotel and sleep. We were starving by the time we got back to the hotel. Eric and I were really wanting The Outback, but everyone else just felt like fast food. So Andrea and Jamie offered to babysit the kids for us while we went to The Outback to eat. It was so nice for Eric and I to go to dinner by ourselves. Once we got back to the hotel, we were so tired that we went to bed. Colin woke us up at 4:40 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started getting all of our stuff ready to go. We left the hotel around 7:30. We just drove straight through all the way to Baker. Then we just stopped in Baker for some lunch and continued home. We got home about 1:00. I have to say that I was really surprised at how good Colin was on this trip. He barely cried at all the whole trip. Even in the truck, he just slept and played with Eric most of the time. Eric and I were planning a trip to Disneyland in November and we were going to just take Jaidyn and leave Colin home, but now I think we might take him since he did so good on this trip.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm gonna have Jeremy call Jaidyn in his Elmo voice and tell her to pee in the potty lol.