Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's been a long day

Today my sister Jamie, Jaidyn and I drove to Alamo for a funeral. We left about 8:00 this morning and headed up there. The funeral started at 11 and it lasted for 2 hours. After it was over, we went back to my mom's house and she made lunch for us. We left about 30 minutes after that. It was a very quick trip up and back. I think Jaidyn enjoyed going up for just a bit. I was glad she didn't start crying when we left. Usually when we go to grandma's house, we stay for a couple of days. Well I wasn't sure if she would be sad or not that we were only there for a few hours. She seemed fine with it. I think she was worried that I was going to leave her there because Jamie had told her that I was going to, so I think she didn't mind that we were leaving, as long as she was going with me. When I got home, Colin had been being really fussy, but as soon as I picked him up, he was so happy and he couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I think he just missed me today. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go to Cali last weekend without him. He probably would have cried all weekend.lol Jamie and I wanted to swim after we got home, but Eric needed to clean out the pool because our neighbors have a tree that hangs over our wall and the leaves are always falling in the pool. So we will have to wait until tomorrow to swim. So Jaidyn has slept in our bed with Eric and I since she was under a year old. She never will sleep anywhere else. Well we finally decided that we were going to buy her a dora toddler bed and dora bedding set and put her toddler bed in our room with us. She says she will sleep in it, so I hope she really will. It will be so nice if Eric and I can have the bed all to ourselves. Everynight, I am squished up against the wall all night and Jaidyn is constantly kicking me in the face. Her bed should be here sometime next week, I really can't wait to see if she will sleep in it. The potty training thing is still not going so well. She just starts freaking out as soon as I tell her she needs to go into the bathroom to try and go potty. I don't know what her deal is, but it is getting really frustrating. The frustrating part is that I can't force her to go in there, when she seems so scared of it. But at the same time, I want her to get potty trained as soon as she can. I just don't even know what to do. I seriously can't make her go in there because she runs away and unless I sit there and hold her down on the toilet, there is no way to keep her sitting on it. I don't know why she is so afraid of it. I just hope she will do it soon and not be afraid. My brother in law is going to call her and pretend like he is elmo and tell her she needs to go potty. I sure hope that helps. She loves elmo so much so maybe if he is telling her to go potty like a big girl, she will do it.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Jaidyn was in a weird mood today. Jeremy said he called her. We'll see if it helps!