Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Potty Training

So I tried potty training Jaidyn a few months ago and it didn't work. At first she would go into the bathroom, only if I bribed her with something. Well then it got to the point where she would throw a huge fit if I tried to take her in there to go. So her pediatrician said not to force her, that she will go when she is ready. Well here she is, over 2 years old and still won't go. On Sunday after we got home from our trip she told Eric that she had to poop, so he took her into the bathroom and sure enough she did. She was so proud of herself. So I thought, this is good maybe now she will pee in the potty too. Well yesterday I decided to put big girl panties on her because I heard that if you did that and they peed on themselves, then they would hate it so much, that after that they would start telling you when they had to go. Well that didn't work with her. She peed all over the first time and it didn't even bother her. In fact she didn't even tell me about it. I noticed it when I walked into the kitchen. So I got it all cleaned up and changed her panties and then a couple hours later she did the same thing. I had been taking her into the bathroom all morning long and she wouldn't pee. So I finally decided that I can't be cleaning up pee all day long. I put her back in her pull up and still continued to take her to the bathroom every so often. She started to get to the point where she would throw a fit if I even tried to take her in there. Well first thing this morning her pull up was dry so I told her we needed to go into the bathroom so she could go potty. She kicked and screamed as I picked her up to go in there. I set her on the toilet and about 2 minutes later she peed .We were so proud of her, we even gave her a special treat. Well that didn't seem to help because all day I have taken her in and she is still throwing a fit and still peeing in her pull up. I just don't know what to do to get her potty trained. I don't understand why she will poop in the big potty, but not go pee.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Don't give up! Just keep taking her and sit in there with her. I use to give my girls a cup of ice and read a book to them while they sat there. M&M's work too!!!! Switching back and forth between pull-ups and underwear is confusing. Of course put one on her at night but stick with it during the day. She's a smart girl, she'll get it. It just takes awhile of cleaning up pee accidents.