Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a great deal

I got today on a hotel. I went onto priceline.com and you can bid on how much you want to pay for a hotel room. We are going to Disneyland in December and I wanted to book the hotel now. I always start as low as I can and work my way up. So yesterday I bid $30 on a 3 star hotel and it didn't accept so I went to $40 and it didn't accept that either. So today I finally did $50 and it did accept it. With taxes and fees and everything else, it only came to $63 for a 3 star hotel. I thought that was pretty awesome. We never get rooms for that cheap. With priceline it doesn't tell you what hotel you have until after you bid. So when it finally showed me what hotel we are staying at, it is a Holiday Inn that is close to Disneyland. Eric and I stayed at that same hotel a couple of years ago when we went to Disneyland. It wasn't too far from Disneyland, we walked there one night. Although it took us a while.This time we will be driving since we are going straight to Disneyland when we get to Cali. Also the hotel has free parking. That is always a plus since parking is always expensive at hotels. Of course we have stayed at much nicer hotels by Disneyland, but I figured since we are only staying for one night and we won't be spending much time in our room besides to sleep, then we would just be a little cheaper and get one that isn't as nice. Both the kids have been sick for a couple of days. Well Jaidyn got sick in Alamo last weekend and I thought she was getting better, but today her nose is really stuffy and runny again. Colin hasn't been feeling good either. I am not sure why, but he has been sleeping alot and his forehead has felt so hot. I have been taking his temperature, but it says he doesn't have a fever. I have been giving him motrin though and that seems to help so his forehead isn't so warm. I feel bad for him because I can tell he really doesn't feel good. I wonder if maybe he is getting a tooth. I sure hope so. Poor little guy is almost 10 months old and still has no teeth. Eric got a call yesterday from the Nevada Highway Patrol. He had put a resume in a while back for the dispatcher position and they called him and want him to take the test. He says he is going to. I don't know why he would want to be a dispatcher, but I guess if that is what he wants to do, then fine by me. He is supposed to call them back though and he is really bad about stuff like that, so we will see if he ever even calls back. We are leaving for Alamo again on Friday. I can't wait. I love going up there. Jamie, the kids and I are leaving early on Friday and Eric and Samantha are leaving work early and riding up together. It should be fun to have everyone up there. Today the kids and I went over to TMA to visit and then went to The Olive Garden with Jamie for lunch. Colin was a little whiny, so we had to rush a bit. He was so tired though and him and Jaidyn both slept the whole way home.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I wish we could go to Alamo for Halloween but the girls have soccer games. GGRRR!! Hope the kids feel better.