Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finally some teeth

I was beginning to think that Colin was never going to get any teeth. Today I was holding him and he put his head back and smiled and I saw two teeth had come through on the bottom. They aren't all the way through yet, but you can see them and feel them. I took my dad to the hospital and dropped him off about two hours ago. I decided the kids and I would just come home and go back when he is done. I am glad I did because both the kids fell asleep on the way home from the hospital and they stayed asleep even after I moved them inside. I am going to leave here in about an hour to go pick up my dad. He said he would call when they are all done, but I figure I will leave by 3 if I haven't heard from him, that way he won't have to wait long for me to get there. I also have to take him to a different doctor on Thursday for some more tests. He is getting his colonoscopy done today and some blood work done on Thursday. I hope everything turns out ok. Colin had his flu shot about a month ago and since it was his first time getting one, he had to go back for another shot yesterday. You don't have to have an appointment, so I decided I would take him first thing when they open. I am so glad I did because we were in and out of there in less than 15 minutes. So this week has been busy compared to any normal week. Normally we don't leave the house in less it is a quick trip to Target or something like that. I am getting so excited for Thanksgiving. Not that I like Thanksgiving so much, but I like for the whole family to get together. I can't believe that it is next week. I am so glad because Eric took a couple of days off of work, so we will be able to spend a few days in Alamo. Eric got a call on Sunday to go back for an interview for the dispatcher position. He is very excited, but they told him he had to bring a typing certificate showing he can type 35 wpm and he doesn't think he can type that fast. If he can't type that fast, then there is no point him going to the interview. His interview isn't until Monday, so he has a few days to practice before he has to go get the certificate. We will see what happens I guess.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Too bad they couldn't have gotten dad's stuff scheduled for the same day, that would have been much easier for everyone. Have Eric practice and even if he can't type that many words a minute, still have him go to the interview. He can tell them that he has been and is willing to work on it. Maybe that's why Colin has been such a butthead lately...oh wait, that's been his whole life...nevermind lol.

Robin said...

Yeah, he should still go to the interview. There could be people that are slower than he is. Good luck with your dad.