Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our fun trip

We left around 8:00 on Wednesday morning and headed towards California. When we left it was raining and it continued to rain for about 45 minutes. I was getting worried that it would be raining like that the whole time, so I tried to convince Eric to turn around and come home because I didn't want us to be stuck in that rain the whole way. Especially because I saw on the weather channel on Wednesday morning that it was also raining really hard in the part of California that we were heading too. He said we would be fine and kept going. I am glad we did because after 45 minutes of driving in the rain, it stopped raining and we didn't get rained on the whole rest of the trip. I was also a little worried because it said it was going to be raining at disneyland on Thursday. It was cloudy for most of the day, but didn't rain at all. On Wednesday we headed to the beach. It took us a while to get there because we couldn't figure out how to get there and Eric kept insisting that if we headed this way, that we would make it. Well after an hour of driving and not hitting the beach, I told him he better turn around and head back towards our hotel. We finally found Seal Beach. We didn't really care what beach we went to, but Jaidyn really wanted to go to the beach. It was pretty cold there, but it was still nice. We were there for about 45 minutes and then headed to our hotel. We got there and it was perfect. We had a kitchen that had a big fridge, a dishwasher and a microwave. What more could we ask for? They also gave you plates, cups and utensils. By the time we got there, it was already 5:00 so we decided to order pizza so that we didn't have to make the kids get back in the truck again. We woke up early on Thursday and got to Disneyland at 7:20. They opened at 8:00, but we wanted to be one of the first in line and we were. There was a huge line behind us, so I was thinking great it is going to be really crowded. Well it wasn't bad at all. We headed straight to It's A Small World and we didn't even have to wait in line at all. Then we went to all the small rides close by that we knew Jaidyn wanted to go on. We hardly had to wait in line for those either. The longest time we stood in line was about 10 minutes, which I didn't think was bad at all. Towards the afternoon they had a parade that we watched and it was really neat. The kids loved it and so did I. We decided to go see how bad the line was for Pirates Of The Caribbean. I love that ride, but I wasn't sure if it would be too busy. We got there and the wait time was 15 minutes, so we got in line and didn't even have to wait 15 minutes. We took Jaidyn on the tea cups one more time because she loved that ride and then decided to go shop outside the gates and get something to eat. We went to ESPN Zone and ate dinner. It was pretty good, but expensive! By that time it was 7:30. We decided to head back into the park one last time to go and see how long the line was for It's A Small World, so we could ride it one more time. On the way there, the kids fell asleep in their strollers. So we decided it was time to leave. We walked to and from the park from our hotel, it was only a 10 minute walk. We got back to the hotel and Jaidyn barely woke up to get her pj's on and went right back to sleep. We slept so good that night, that I didn't even hear the fireworks like I had the night before from Disneyland. We woke up early yesterday and headed home. We were home by about 12:00. We spent the rest of the day unpacking and doing laundry. Today Sam invited us to go to her house to have leftovers. My mom had left all of the leftovers from Thursday at Sam's house and there are tons. So we are going to head over around 12:00 and have a big lunch with them and also visit with my dad. He was able to get out of the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, so he was able to spend Thanksgiving with Sam, Jamie, my mom and my grandma. I have to say that at first I was a little sad that we were going to be spending Thanksgiving at Disneyland instead of with our family, but now I am so glad we went because we had a wonderful time!

No comments: