Sunday, November 9, 2008

A long day!

This morning Colin, Jaidyn and I went to Target because I needed to get a few things and I took both the kids with me because Eric wanted to clean up the backyard a bit before his parents came over. After we got home from Target, Colin was so tired, but wouldn't take a nap. He finally took a VERY short nap and then woke up and was still so tired. So eventually I got him down for another nap and soon after that, Eric's parents and his brother came over. His mom was cooking dinner for all of us and invited Eric's sister and her husband over too. So anyways we sat around and visited and then we ate dinner around 1:00. When Eric's mom was putting some food down the garbage disposal, she put too much at a time and it got clogged up. So of course Eric was irritated and I looked over a minute later and his mom was crying. I felt so bad for her. Eric had no idea that she was crying or I am sure he would have felt really bad. After spending about an hour trying to fix that, they decided to get some drano. After putting drano in it, we were waiting for 15 minutes like it says you are supposed to, so we took some family pictures. Erics mom wanted to get a picture with everyone in it so she could send out with some Christmas cards. About 10 pictures later, she finally decided that one of them would be good enough. We couldn't get both the kids to sit still or look at the camera at the same time. So after that we checked back on the sink and it still wouldn't work so they messed around with it for a while and finally Eric's mom decided that tomorrow she was going to have a plumber come over here and put in a new garbage disposal. After that, we had all of the guys move our tv from the tv stand it was on to on top of the fireplace. It is a very heavy tv so even with all of them, they could barely get it up there. So we finally got everything cleaned up from that and everyone went home. About 5 minutes later, Colin went down for a nap and a few minutes after that, Jaidyn fell asleep in her chair watching a movie. So now I can relax a bit. Eric is watching the NASCAR race, so I don't really talk to him while he is watching it because I don't want to annoy him.lol Yesterday Eric and I got some Christmas shopping done. We were really only looking for a couple of small presents for Jaidyn just because I felt like she needed more, even though she was already getting some really good presents. So anyways we went to 4 different places and found 2 things that are perfect. We spent way more than I wanted to spend, but that was mostly because Eric really wanted to get her that stuff. We bought her a baby alive. It comes with a sippy cup that you put water in and then when it needs a diaper change it kicks its feet.lol It came with a few diapers. I told Eric that knowing Jaidyn she would give it water and then take off it's diaper and it would wet all over the floor. I know it's just water, but I don't want big puddles of water all over our house from that doll. We will see Eric's parents again tomorrow and then they are leaving early on Tuesday morning so we won't see them again until right before Christmas. My mom and Andrea are coming to town on Friday and we are going to do some shopping and my mom is staying the night, so I am very excited for that.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Of course you're excited for Friday, I'll be there lol.