Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving at Disneyland

Yesterday Eric called me and told me that he thought we should go to California this week and spend Thanksgiving there. He already had Wed, Thurs and Fri off this week, so it would be a good time to go. We had already planned on going to Disneyland on December 15th. I had already booked a hotel and everything. Well he said he thought we should go this week. I had first told him no because we got the hotel on priceline for Dec. 15th and you can't get a refund on it. I could tell he really wanted to go though. I looked up Disneyland and saw that they are open on Thanksgiving. We decided that would be a good day to go. It is going to be very crowded of course, but it would be on Dec. 15th too. The main reason I even had to think about whether or not we should go is because I felt bad thinking about all the food my mom had bought to make for thanksgiving dinner and I didn't want her to feel bad if we didn't eat with them. After I thought about it some more, i thought well it isn't like I am leaving my mom all alone on Thanksgiving. She is either going to stay in Alamo and spend Thanksgiving with Andrea and her family or she will come to Vegas and spend it with Sam, my dad and Jamie. They said my dad should be out of the hospital on Wed or Thurs of this week. I was just messing around on priceline to see if it would accept a very low offer I bid on and to my surprise it did. I had bid $45 for a 3 star hotel by disneyland and it actually accepted it. So total to stay there for 2 nights, it only cost us $109. I thought that was a great deal. The hotel we ended up getting is just 1/2 mile away from Disneyland. Every room is also a suite so it has a kitchen with a microwave and a sofa that pulls out into a bed just in case someone wanted to sleep there. It also has free parking. That is always good since parking is usually about $20 a day. The thing that made me the most happy is that there are only 2 floors and NO elevators. The thing I fear the most is riding in an elevator, so for me that was the best thing about the whole hotel. I figure even if the room doesn't turn out to be so nice. Who cares, not like we will be spending much time there. I read all the reviews and it got really good reviews, so I am thinking it won't be too bad. Since it is so close to disneyland, we will probably just walk. That way we won't have to pay for parking at Disneyland. We walked before when we stayed at a hotel even farther away and it really wasn't too bad. We told Jaidyn last night that we are going in a few days and she is really excited. She always says she wants to go to the beach. She hasn't been in a little over a year and last time we went, she loved it. It is going to be cold of course, but we told her we could go to play in the sand. We are thinking about going to Santa Monica Pier when we get to Cali tomorrow. We went there before and they have some games and stuff like that. We will spend all day at Disneyland on thursday and then come home on Friday. I think we will probably just head straight home on Friday morning. There really isn't anything else we want to do. Plus I would like to get home early so I can do all the laundry and everything. I am just praying Colin doesn't scream most of the way there and home.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hopefully it won't rain on you guys. I'm betting Colin will probably scream at least half of the way there lol.