Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday

I can't think of a better title than that. I got a call yesterday morning saying that my dad was in the hospital. He had gone in the night before because his side was hurting really bad. Well he had a colonoscopy the day before and they poked a hole in his colon. So that is what was causing him so much pain. They took him into surgery right away and fixed the hole and also removed the mass they had found. They supposedly found it the day before when they did the colonoscopy and told him he needed to have it removed that day, but he said he couldn't do it. I picked him up from his appointment and he said everything went fine. I wish he would have called one of us when he went into the hospital on Wednesday night. None of us even knew he was in there until Thursday morning. Now we are just waiting to see what they say about the mass, whether or not it is cancer. I went and saw my dad last night. He was so doped up that you can't really understand him too well. I feel really bad for him because you can tell he is in alot of pain. He is going to be in there for a few days, so I will go and visit him again tonight after Eric gets home from work to keep the kids. They told him he can't go back to work for a month. So after he gets out of the hospital, he is going to go stay at Sam's house and Sam and Jamie will take care of him. I wish I could do more to help him. On another note...we are getting our family pictures done tomorrow and I am nervous for that. Jaidyn was so naughty last time and I just fear she will be just as bad this time. Then Eric and I are going to take the kids to town square tomorrow night to watch the snow. Everynight they have snow for 10 minutes while they play christmas music. I am sure the kids will love that.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm so mad at dad for not telling anyone. Hopefully he will get some good news soon.