Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pictures with Santa

My mom, Jamie, Jaidyn and I were going to be going shopping at the Meadows Mall today and I happened to see that it was going to be Santa's first day there. So I figured, I might as well get Jaidyn a picture with Santa now instead of waiting until closer to Christmas when it is going to be very busy. Eric wanted to go shopping to buy me some Christmas presents and he also needed a new shirt to wear for our family pics next Saturday. So him and Colin headed to the outdoor outlet mall and my mom, Jamie, Jaidyn and I headed to The Meadows Mall. We got there around 9:30 even though it doesn't open until 10 because I wanted to be one of the first people in line to see Santa so that we wouldn't have to wait forever. We got there and there was only two other people in front of us. So we waited for Santa and when Santa finally showed up, he walked down the line to see all the kids. Jaidyn wouldn't even look at him at first. Once it was time for Jaidyn's picture, she was excited to see Santa, but not so excited to sit on his lap. Here is the picture we got. She wouldn't smile at all.
So after Jaidyn got her picture with Santa, we did some shopping. My mom had to do some more Christmas shopping. I didn't really have anything I needed to buy. Although we went into the disney store and I wanted to buy almost everything in there. They had everything 25% off and they had tons of cute stuff. We ate some lunch at the mall and by the time we had left there, it had been 3.5 hours. It didn't seem to be too crowded though, so it was nice. My dad has been bleeding internally and they don't know where it is coming from. So he has to have some tests done this week to find out what is wrong. I hope everything turns out ok. He has to have a colonoscopy and some other tests done, so he won't be able to drive afterwards. He asked me to take him, which of course I don't mind. The only thing that sucks is that they said that it would take about 2.5 to 3 hours. It is clear across town from where I live, so I am not sure what to do while I am waiting. I am not sure if I should bother driving all the way home, just to be here for an hour and a half and then drive all the way back, or if we should go do some shopping. The only thing is, we don't need to buy anything, so it would really just be us walking around looking at stuff.lol We have an appointment to get our family pics done next Saturday. I am a little nervous because last time we had the kids pictures done, Jaidyn was very naughty. I just hope this time, both the kids will be good and smile for the camera.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

She's like, So, Santa...Where's my bike? lol. Yeah, I hope they can figure out what's going on with dad. I would probably just stay on that side of town if it were me.

Robin said...

Or you can bring the kids over to me. If you think Colin would stay with me. LOL!!