Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just as I predicted

Jaidyn was very naughty for our family pictures on Saturday. I had a feeling she would be because when we had hers and Colin's pictures done a couple of months ago, she wouldn't sit still and she kept running away from us. Well she did the same thing this time. It really sucks because not one picture turned out good of all of us. We ended up buying just one pose, but I don't even think it looks very good. After we got pictures done, I went over to Sam's house to meet Andrea and Jamie so that we could go to the hospital to see my dad. We spent a couple of hours there and thankfully while we were there, the doctor came in to talk to my dad. He said that it was cancer that they removed from his colon, but it hadn't spread anywhere else. He will have to have chemo though to get all of the cancer out of his blood. Chemo is going to be rough on him, but at least his cancer didn't spread anywhere else. After I got home from the hospital, Eric and I decided to get Little Caesars pizza for dinner. They just opened up a new one right by our house. We used to eat there all the time until they closed the other one that was close to our house. It was actually really good and the pizza is only $5. That's if you get just cheese or pepperoni. After dinner we decided we would take the kids to Town Square. They have snow there everynight that lasts for 5 minutes. We got there about 20 minutes before it was supposed to snow, so we walked around for a while. When it finally started snowing, both of the kids loved it. Jaidyn was so excited! Colin also liked it, he kept trying to grab at it. After we were all done there, we decided to drive through Sunset Park to see the lights. It was the perfect time to go because there were hardly any other vehicles there. The kids also enjoyed that. I think next weekend we are going to take them to Opportunity Village's Magical Forest. We have taken Jaidyn the last 2 years and she always enjoys it. So we still aren't sure if we are going to be spending Thanksgiving in Alamo or Vegas. Originally we were going to spend it in Alamo, but now that my dad is in the hospital we aren't sure. We thought he would be out by then and so we were thinking we might have to have Thanksgiving at our house and everyone would come down for it. Well Jamie went to the hospital today and they aren't sure if my dad will even be out by Thanksgiving. The doctor said there was another guy in there that had the same surgery as my dad and he was in there for 21 days. Pretty much they are waiting for my dad to pass gas and after he does that, he can have liquid and then I think he can leave the next day. Well my poor dad hasn't had anything to eat or drink since last Wednesday. He can't even have ice chips. It is a little hard to pass gas when you haven't eaten in that long.lol They took away his morphin, so he is in alot of pain today. I feel bad for him. I just hope he gets feeling better soon. Eric has his interview tomorrow for the dispatcher job. Hopefully it goes well. It is at 2:45 tomorrow, so after that he will be coming home. That will be nice because he will be home alot earlier than usual. Then he works Tuesday and has the whole rest of the week off. I am excited for that because I get really bored while he is at work, but at least this week he will be home with us. We will probably put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. That will be fun and I know the kids are going to love it.

No comments: