Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas tree and lights

On Saturday night, we put up our Christmas tree. It was so much fun and Jaidyn was so excited. She couldn't wait for us to get done putting the lights on the tree so that she could start putting ornaments on. It took a while with the lights because we kept ending up with too many or not enough, so we finally got the perfect amount of lights put on and then it was time for the ornaments. I let Jaidyn help me put them on. It was so funny because she kept trying to put all the ornaments right next to each other and she kept trying to put more than one on the same branch. I just let her do it and moved them around when she wasn't looking.lol I was a little worried about the kids messing with the tree all day everyday, but so far they haven't been bad at all. Colin doesn't even go over by the tree. Jaidyn has taken a few ornaments off so far, but she hasn't been too bad. Eric is always such a scrooge about Christmas. He never wants to put up the tree. Well this year I talked him into putting lights outside the house. Not around the whole house, but just some of it. Yesterday morning he put up the lights and when he was done, he wanted to go to Wal Mart and get even more decorations to go outside. I couldn't even believe it. I asked him when he got into putting up lights and he told me that after putting up some of the lights, he saw how nice they looked and he wanted to put up more. We went to Wal Mart and bought a few more things. I am worried about our plastic santa getting stolen. There are kids in this neighborhood that are always stealing things. Last year at Christmas time, I saw them steal one of our packages off our front porch. It just sucks that we have to worry about our christmas lights and decorations getting stolen. I forgot to mention in my post before that Jaidyn has been going poop in the potty. She went three days in a row last week. She would come and tell me everytime she had to go. Although I still can't get her to pee in the potty. I don't know why she won't. I gave her a reward everytime she went last week, so you would think she would go pee to get even more stuff, but she won't. I am excited because I had all of my Christmas shopping done except for Eric's mom. We wanted to buy her a digital photo frame, but we didn't want to spend too much money on one. Well Jamie and Sam decided they were going to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, so they said they would look for one for me. They found a 7" digital photo frame for just $40. I couldn't even believe they found one for that cheap. So now I am all done with my shopping. Oh except for one more thing. Jaidyn kept telling us that Santa needs to bring her a helmet for the new bike he is bringing her. She told us that she can't ride a bike without a helmet. So it looks like I am going to have to find a helmet to go along with the bike santa is bringing her. Other than that, I am all finished.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Why didn't you post pics of your tree and decorations?