Friday, December 26, 2008

A wondeful Christmas

I would have to say that this Christmas was probably the best Christmas I have ever had. The kids and I drove up to Alamo on Sunday afternoon and stayed until yesterday. Eric came up on Wednesday morning and stayed the night on Wednesday night. Then we all drove home together yesterday morning. We were up at 4:30 on Christmas morning. I couldn't sleep that well on Christmas Eve night anyways, but then Colin started crying at 4:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep. So I took him out into the living room and gave him some cheerios. A few minutes later, my mom and Jamie woke up. Then a few minutes after that, my dad and my grandma woke up. We figured it was too early to call Sam to come over to open presents, so we figured we would wait a little while. Jaidyn and Eric were still asleep so I figured I would let them sleep a little longer. A few minutes later, we heard a truck outside and it was Sam. She was just sitting in her truck because she wasn't sure if everyone was awake and she didn't want to wake us up. So we called her and told her to get her butt inside the house.lol I woke up Eric and Jaidyn. Jaidyn came out of the room and she was so excited to see that Santa had eaten all the cookies she left. He even left her a note saying that he only left one present for Jaidyn and Colin in Alamo and left the rest at our house. We opened all of our presents at my moms and by the time we were all done, we had to pack up everything and head home to Vegas. The weather was pretty bad the whole way home, so we had to drive much slower than we normally would. We got home and as soon as Jaidyn walked in the door and saw her bike from Santa, she took off running towards it.lol It was so cute. Colin also enjoyed the mickey race track Santa left and his ride on toy. Eric got me the wii fit and the ugg slippers I really wanted. I was so excited because the slippers are so comfy and they have the hard bottom on them, so you can still wear them outside. My mom had actually gotten me a similar pair that are skecher slippers and they are gray. My mom got me TONS of clothes and they are all so cute. I was so excited for everything I got. We cleaned up our mess from opening all the presents and about an hour later, Eric's family got here. We ate about an hour after that and then just visited for a while until we opened all the presents from his family. Jaidyn was so excited, she couldn't wait her turn to open her presents. Uncle Alex got her the skates that she really wanted for Christmas, so she was very excited. Here is a picture of her in her new skates.
Colin got this new chair from grandma and grandpa and he loves it. Jaidyn has a princess one and Colin loves to sit in it, so they bought him his own. Here is a picture of him sitting in it. It just cracks me up how he will just hang out in the chair and watch tv. We had such a good Christmas and I am so sad that it is over. I love spending time with my whole family. I really need to take down our Christmas tree today, but I just feel too lazy to do it.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Tyson also says that this was the best Christmas ever.