Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What day is it?

I have been so confused on my days since the weekend. All day Saturday I kept thinking it was Sunday and from then on I was confused. Well now today I am confused because Eric had the whole weekend and Monday and Tuesday off of work. Well since he went to work today, I keep thinking it is Monday. I am so glad it is Wednesday though. When I checked the weather on Saturday, it said it was going to rain in Anaheim on Monday and Tuesday. So we decided to go to Disneyland on Sunday. We left here at 5 in the morning and headed straight there. We were there by 8:40. I couldn't believe how fast we got there. I went about 80 or 85 most of the way, but I usually drive that fast. There was no traffic that early in the morning and we only made one quick stop to pee and that was it. We had a really good time at Disneyland. It was crowded, just as we expected, but Jaidyn got to go on all of the rides that she wanted too. I think we only had to wait in line about 10 minutes for each ride. We didn't get to go on Pirate's of the Caribbean though. That is our favorite ride. By the time we went to go on it, the line was pretty long. Plus Jaidyn had peed through her pants and she was so tired. So we decided it was probably time to go. Good thing we did because Jaidyn fell asleep a few minutes later. I really don't think she would have done so well standing in line for that long. We had a good time though. I love being at Disneyland and so does jaidyn. Here is a picture of us at Disneyland.
After that, we went back to our hotel. We rested for a bit and then went and got Red Robin for dinner. It was so good. After that, we went back to the hotel and went to bed soon after. We were all so exhausted. Jaidyn was asleep by 7:30 and Jamie and I fell asleep shortly after. We slept in until 7 on Monday morning. I was feeling sad without Colin, so I was wanting to come home even though we had a room for Monday night too. So after talking to Jamie, we decided to come home. Even though we knew we would be stuck in the rain most of the way. We headed home and as we were passing Fontana, we saw a sign that said Cajon Pass was closed. So we got off in Fontana. We decided to shop at Target to pass time and then we went and got lunch at Chili's. We figured we would see what happened with the weather and if it came down to it, we would have to get a hotel room in Fontana. Jamie and I were really sad because all we wanted was to be home. Well by the time we were done eating at Chili's, the weather didn't say that that Cajon pass was closed anymore, so we decided to just keep going and if it was closed, then they would just have us turn around. Well thankfully when we got to Cajon Pass, it wasn't closed. Traffic was moving very slow because there were snow plows in front of us. I didn't even care how long it took us to get home, as long as we could come home on Monday. It did rain on us alot of the way, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. We passed lots of snow on the way home and Jaidyn was excited about that. We finally made it home around 5 or so. I was so glad to be back at my own house. Yesterday Eric, the kids and I met Jamie at the Galleria mall to do some shopping. I was looking for Eric one more present, but I couldn't really find anything. We were there for a few hours. We ate in the food court and then Eric and Jaidyn went and shopped while Jamie, Colin and I went and shopped. Then we stopped and watched the singing bears. The kids and I don't have anything planned for today. We won't even be leaving the house today. Tomorrow we will probably go to Target so I can look for Eric a new game for his xbox 360 for Christmas. I am trying to get Eric to let me go to Alamo on Monday. My mom and Andrea will be off of work the whole week, so I wanted to go up and visit. Then Eric can drive up after work on Tuesday or on Wednesday morning. I really hope the kids and I can go up early and spend more time there.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

They key is, don't ask Eric if you can come up...just tell him that you are lol...

Robin said...

Monday at Disneyland was a ghost town. It was raining in the morning but by the afternoon, it had cleared up. The rain didn't slow us down at all. We did have to go back to the hotel once and change our socks. They were soaked. It was worth it though to practically have the park to ourselves.