Thursday, September 4, 2008

A boring week

This week sure has been a boring week compared to last week. Last week we left our house almost everyday. This week we went shopping on Monday and other than that, the kids and I haven't left the house at all. I feel bad, but it is just too hot outside. Plus we have nowhere to go. I can't wait for it to get cooler out so the kids and I can go to the park in the day. Jaidyn loves playing at the park and Colin loves being outside, so the park will be a perfect place to go. This weekend we are having Eric's brother, sister and her husband over for lunch. It is Eric's brothers birthday so we figured we would have everyone over. We are just going to buy a few different deli meats and deli rolls, some chips and then I will make some dip for lunch. We are also going to get him a cake. Jaidyn will be excited to have everyone over. She loves when people come over to visit. It doesn't happen often though. We hardly ever have visitors these days. Jamie used to come over alot after work, but now she has school after work, so she is too busy. I wish we could move to Alamo. Then Jaidyn could see her grandma and Andrea and the boys more often. She would love that. Eric and I have been talking about it alot lately. I keep telling him that Jaidyn starts preschool in a year and that no matter what we will be living in Alamo by then. He knows I am serious when I say she won't go to school down here, but I think he is worried about making the drive back and forth. I don't blame him because I definately don't want him to have to do that, but that is pretty much the only option at this point since there is no work in Alamo for him. Plus he could stay with his brother a few nights a week so he wouldn't have to drive back and forth everyday. I worry if Eric waits too long, then the house we want will be sold. The other day Jaidyn asked me about Santa. She loves Santa and she will talk about him all the time. Well anyways I told her she would need to make a list of what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas. So she told me she wanted a teddy bear and ice cream.lol I told her Santa couldn't leave ice cream under our tree because it would melt. Well she doesn't care, she still keeps saying that is what she wants santa to bring her.lol

2 comments:

jamie said...

You are a mean mommy...Santa is magic...plus he could put it in the freezer! lol Maybe he will just leave a little note under the tree saying that he left her ice cream in the freezer so it wouldn't melt.

Andrea said...

Yeah, Santa is totally magic and could make it work. Unless the Santa at your house is just mean. Which could totally be a possibility...